How do you rate my poem"LONELINESS"?

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My first attempt @ poetry

Remember on my last post I said something about me writing a little collection of poetry titled “Poems from Ma Heart”; okay guys here it is a sample from my collection, written during one of my low days.
To all my peeps who may have felt lonely@ one time or the other in their lives, this is for you!
Check it out and tell moi watcha think!


LONELINESS
I am sinking, sinking into quicksand
In the depths of lonely land
With frightened, terrified eyes I look around
But there is no one to be found
I am scared, at my wits end
As far as I can see, no friend
The more I try to pull myself up free
The more it sucks me in chest deep
But wait, I see faces like a glimmer of hope
Coming to my aid like a saving rope
I hold on, clinging to it for my dear life
But it disappears cutting my heart like a knife
I am disappointed at them I begin to say
But my mouth is filled with the sands of dismay
Realization strikes me I’m all alone
No one by me, on my own
I choke on a sob feeling helpless
As the last grains of sand burn my eyes and I am buried in loneliness

2 comments: